Sunday, April 18, 2010

Partly Productive

I finished most of my work this weekend. I didn't get much of a start on my Global Village paper, but I have a couple more days before my first draft is due.


I spent some quality time sleeping. We were having side walk construction this whole past week, and the schedule consisted of jack hammering beginning at 7 every morning. Luckily, I think I caught myself up.

I had a tour Saturday morning, so I didn't get to sleep in too much. I had 3 families and they were all very interested and asked great questions. I have so much fun meeting prospective students and answering their questions. I remember coming up here from Texas and wishing someone would answer all of my questions, and now I have the opportunity to do it for other people.

We had a meeting Saturday afternoon to talk about Stevies, which is the annual going away party for the 3rd years. The 2nd year class always puts together a tribute to the 3rd year class. I would write down the things we talked about, but it's a secret until after the show, in case any 3rd years are reading this!

I talked to Megan, my artist for my directing scene, today. We went over my picture ideas for my show, and I'm really excited. It's going to be a great show, I think. I also spent some time going over the script with my actor, Katie Mac. We discussed some of the more absurd aspects and came up with some ideas for how to approach them. I picked her costume out, so now I just have to talk to Dru and we'll be set.

The Warehouse Theatre had a field day today! It was a lot of fun. It was to celebrate the end of our season, since Some Girls closed last night. We played kickball and Frisbee. There was some food and music and it was fun to chill out and relax with friends. There was a play swap as well, to trade in plays that we didn't want for ones we did...but I forgot it was happening and I did not swap plays. Too bad.

I found out last minute that 3 of my classmates were performing their directing scenes today, so I attended those as well. They all did a really great job! The scripts (I can't remember all of them) were all really interesting.

I finished reading An American Daughter tonight. It's a very smart script with really interesting characters. I liked it a lot. Well,that concludes my homework. I'm off to sleep, and I hope I don't wake up to jackhammering.

No comments:

Post a Comment