Saturday, April 24, 2010

A Long Week

Goodness, it's been a long week. There was so much to do, and so little time to do it in. That's how I feel about this weekend too. I'm so glad the end of the year is coming so fast!

Katie Mac's foot was hurt too bad for me to consider performing my directing scene today. So I changed my performance date to May 1, which means that I'll be performing in a directing scene, and showing my finished scene. And Stevies (our 3rd year party) is that day as well--so it's going to be a busy day!

Let's see:
Actinv IV: we had a free day, so Acting Professor R brought out a camera and gave us some scenes and monologues to memorize in ten minutes and then we came and did an acting on camera workshop. It was difficult to curb all of our (now) natural stage habits, but it was really fun! I'm really interested in film, and I can't wait for the actual film acting class next year. We might get to watch our performances at the end of the year, but I don't think I'll be very impressed with mine. I'm failry certain my eyes were downcast the whole time.

Global Village: I turned in my rough draft and went over it with my TA. She was extremely helpful curbing my use of passive voice. She gave me a lot of great suggestions and cleared up some organizational issues, so now I juts have to rewrite some things and I'll have a nice paper to turn in on Monday.

Theatre History II: We read The Rimers of Eldritch for Friday. It's very reminiscent of Our Town and To Kill a Mockingbird. I really enjoyed it, and I would love to see it on stage. It was obvious in the script that the technical elements made the show.

Rehearsals this week were a little different. After Katie hurt her foot, we tried one walk through rehearsal, but she was in too much pain. The dynamic was really off too (but incredibly funny, oddly enough) so I knew I couldn't perform Saturday. We had our first rehearsal in the performance space, but we just worked with the lights and the set, because I didn't want Katie moving around if she didn't have to. I got my ending figured out, and I know where I want to place my pictures. I think it's going to look great! Then my Friday rehearsal was cancelled because my male actor had some errands he needed to run, and since we have an extra week to work on it, I gave them both the weekend off to solidify their lines.

I also had rehearsal for the new scene I'm in, and that's going well. I attended 2 of Gillian's rehearsals too, to help her make sure there were no sightline or blocking issues before today.

I havnen't managed to see the dance show yet. And it's looking like I won't have the chance. I was supposed to go on a bike ride today, but I didn't wake up feeling well. There's 2 senior voice recitals that I'd really like to attend today, but I'm supposed to be at the directing scenes (since I'm turning the lights on in Gillian's scene), and then I have rehearsal for Chrisena's scene afterwards. So I'm not sure what all I'll get to do today, but I definitely need to finish my paper!

No comments:

Post a Comment