Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Successes of the Semester

1. I finished the semester!!!
2. I have been cast in 3 amazing Okoboji shows, 1 being my dream role for the summer.
3. I feel as if I've improved more in this semester than I had perhaps in the entirety of last year.
4. I made it home safely after a 13 hour drive.
5. I completed all of my finals in time to make it back for my brother's college graduation.
6. I SUCCESSFULLY KEPT UP WITH MY BLOG. I can officially look back and use this as a learning tool. And of course, it helped my family keep up with me.

I took 4 finals Monday. I went first for my Voice Jury. I sang well, had horrible posture, and never made it quite on time with my accompanist. Many things can be learned from that sentence.

I wrote a reasonably coherent Global Village final answering the question: Do you think that the international community will be able to meet with the major challenges that confront humanity today successfully? Why or why not? Discuss three of the following: global pandemics; poverty; climate change; peak oil and genocide. Hopefully that went as well as I imagined, but oftentimes the opposite is the case. You think you do bad and you do well, you think you do well and you do badly.

My Acting IV final consisted of watching the movie Wilde about Oscar Wilde's life. It was a really great movie. But an extremely sad story. Ah well, so it the story of most artists. Especially in that period.

My Personal Family Finance final was a bit harder than expected, but I think I scraped by. Hopefully.

I'm happy it's done! I think I also forgot to mention attending the performance of HMS Pinafore last Friday night. It was a great show, with amazing energy. It was slapstick comedy, and circling blocking. The set was awesome, as you can see.


I really enjoyed watching all the seniors in their last performance. I also attended the P-Tech final, where many other seniors (and 2nd years) performed. It was a really great show, as well. There are people with beautiful voices that I had no idea could sing that well.

Anyway, I'm going to take a small break from this blog until I get to Boji. I have a summer break to enjoy, after all!

Farewell, and thanks for being interested. I'll be back Mid June with more of my theatre experiences!

2 comments:

  1. Hey I am glad to hear everything is good with you. I hope your summer goes well too. So I also started a blog, you should follow me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey I know right, we are never home... well I am glad all is well for you. Keep it that way!

    ReplyDelete