Sunday, May 2, 2010

Ashes to Ashes

My directing scene is complete!!!

I had an early morning rehearsal for it on Saturday, then I went straight into rehearsal for the directing scene I was performing in. By the time they both were done it was time to perform. So I watch the first scene, then I went out to run lines with my scene partners, and then we performed. Sealed for Freshness went really well. Everyone laughed and Professor R seemed to like it. Then I helped my actors set up my scene and they went. It was the BEST they'd ever done it. It was different and new, and they were making new choices. I loved it. Everything came together great and I was so proud of my actors. We even had an amazing Pinter moment. At the end when Katie Mac was saying, "That was the last time I saw my baby" the picture of the baby that was put up earlier in the scene fell down! So, she lost her baby, and then the baby picture went away. It was creepy, and awesome. Professor R really liked that part. :)

Honestly, all the directing scenes went really well on Saturday. However, the camera we were videotaping mine with died about 5 minutes in. So I don't get to put up the video of it here for you to see. I'm kinda really upset about that. But theatre isn't meant to live forever like film, so I'll just have to deal with it!

Directly after the scenes we had a Stevies meeting and walked through the show for the night. We had a small break and I came back in time to help put up streamers for the show. Stevies is the party for the 3rd years. So we made it into a Master Class. We played all of the 3rd years and the faculty. We came out and said one liners for our assigned people, then we did monologues and then we did scenes. Between those we did sections of toasts and then the 3rd years could stand up and toast each other. It was really fun to do something so great for the 3rd years who have taught us so much. They enjoyed the night and they said some beautiful things about their class and their futures. I hope all their dreams come true!

Sunday I woke up entirely too early and did homework off and on all day. I have an acting scene to memorize and I wrote my paper for Theatre History II on Keely and Du, which is a play about abortion. It wasn't a difficult one at all--and better yet, it's the last one!

I'll have a Theatre History II exam on Friday, and that's the last big thing (besides performing Acting Scenes) that I have to do before finals! Hopefully I'll be out of here by next Tuesday!

This week I'll also be working with the Warehouse Board to find sponsors for out next season. Hopefully we meet all our goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment