Sunday, May 9, 2010

One More Day

It's been a pretty hectic couple of days and I didn't have time to update. But here's the scoop:

Thursday:
Acting IV: My final went really well. Everyone did a great job and we got individual notes from Professor R. He told me and Chrisena that our dialect was spot on and he could understand all our consonants. He loved the dynamic between our characters and he said the pace was where it needed to be. He told me to be careful about throwing lines away. He said even if lines are meant to be thrown away an actor can't say them in that manner, they have to have meaning and the audience needs to experience them. He's very right! I had a couple lines that I was saying more to myself, and they needed more emphasis.

Friday:
Theatre History II: The final was comparing and contrasting the family relationships in ALL the scripts we read this side of mid-terms. It was kind of cool. We had to name all the authors and character names in our descriptions or they didn't count. I named about six, but I couldn't tie anymore in with where I was heading so I finished my paper there. It was an interesting test to say the least.

GV: We talked over the different issues we've been covering in class and prepared for the final. The question is so wide spread that it's going to take a while to answer it. That's coming up tomorrow, and I'll be ready.

We didn't get to hunt for sponsors much near the end of the week because of bad weather and timing issues. Since this weekend was Mother's Day that was a bad bet too. So we need to finish up in the beginning of this week so we have people to contact while we're at Boji.

Saturday:
Warehouse Cleanup! Some of the new and old board got together to clean and organize the Warehouse and Arena for the first year Summer Theatre Institute. Last year at my STI we had to clean it ourselves, so they're getting out easy. But that just gives them more time to work on the things that really matter. They have their first show cast for their summer session and they're going to have a blast! I'm so excited to come back next year and work with them. Our summer sessions here really change your outlook on theatre and acting, and you grow so much as an artist. Plus these are the times when the whole class really bonds together. They're going to learn so much and so is my class!

Some of the New Board members got together after the clean up and we went out to eat and then to a place called Bonkers! It's just a grown-up version of Chuck E. Cheese, so anyone about 19 gets in for 1 dollar. We spent the afternoon climbing and crawling and sliding around in the play area. Then we played arcade games. We got matching rings for all the board members. I can tell this next year is going to be great!

We were supposed to have a lock-in afterwards, but Kaitie locked her keys in her car. So she and I made an impromptu trip to her house and back again. I got back really late but I went over anyway. It was a blast!

Sunday:
Today I packed up my room! It's basically finished. I need to take my things over to the storage unit and then I can pack up my car with all the things that are coming home with me. I have a really busy day tomorrow.

Voice Jury (Which is where I sing all the songs I learned this semester in my Voice class for the music faculty and they give helpful notes towards my improvement) at 10:06. Global Village at 12:30-2:30. Acting IV (we're watching a movie about Oscar Wilde since we already performed) from 2:45-4:45. And then Personal Family Finance from 4-6, so I'll show up late. P-Tech Final (which I'm watching because my friends are performing) is at 7:30-9ish and then Midnight Breakfast starts at 10:45, which I need to attend to obtain leadership points so I can get my scholarship for the semester. Whew!

Tomorrow is Ian's birthday, so I got everything in order so that I can leave Tuesday morning to get home. He graduates Friday and I'm missing the Boji Truck Load to go see it! So Hopefully after tomorrow I will be a lot less stressed, ready to head home, and no doubt excited to come back and be at BOJI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment