Thursday, April 15, 2010

Cast

The cast list went up yesterday for our summer stock theatre.

I will be playing Ruth in The Effect of Gamma Rays on Man-In-The-Moon Marigolds which is the part I desperately wanted but didn't read for. And Becca in Rabbit Hole which was a part I never thought I'd get but I couldn't be happier to receive. These are two amazing characters that will be a real challenge to portray and I'm so excited that I get the opportunity to do so. I'll be working with some really amazing actors, actresses, guest artists, and directors this summer. It's going to be absolutely amazing.

I'm also cast in a children's show at the professional children's theatre. It's called East of the Sun but I have absolutely no idea what it's about or what role I'll be playing. However, it gives me the chance to work with a guest director and some really cool people. I adore working with children and this will be a really awesome opportunity. I never planned it, but it seems that my resume for working in children's theatre has been building steadily for the last 4 years or so. With any luck, I'll have some more opportunities in this field in the future.

I realize that I classify a lot of my college experiences as 'awesome opportunities'. In reality, yes they are great opportunities, but they're also just a ton of fun. I couldn't love what I'm doing here anymore than I do. I have so much fun acting, and I have no doubt that I chose the right major for me and the right career to start off in. Acting makes me feel so alive and free. And the people here have such a passion for what they do that it makes everyday an amazing day. I'm so lucky to be in a place that is giving me the education that I need, making me prepared for what I love, and helping me to love it more everyday I'm here. So when I say 'opportunity' I mean couldn't-be-happier-to-try-this-new-experience-because-I-love-what-I-do.

The cast list for the summer is really great. Everyone received multiple roles and everyone fits the parts they received. I'm so excited to work with everyone and watch all of the productions. 13 shows in 10 weeks, and they look like they're going to be some of the best shows I've seen yet! Everyone seems really happy with the outcome of their auditions and I'm glad because everyone really did a great job last Saturday. It's going to be a great experience!

I signed up to usher for Some Girls tonight. I saw the show last night on opening night and it was really great. The set, designed by a first year, is phenomenal. It looks really amazing and I can't believe it's her first design. The first year class has a lot of really talented technicians in their class and it's going to make their years at school really great.

The acting in the show was so much fun to watch. All the characters are so different. It was definitely a lot funnier to see in person than it was to read the script, and I really enjoyed it! Great job to the director, cast, and crew!

I have Acting IV today, but our performance space is being taken over by another group. So today, we'll be watching Being Julia, and we'll perform our scenes on Tuesday instead.

It seems like the season for next year's mainstage shows should be going up soon. I'm interested to see what I can expect in my last year of college. It's going to be a fantastic year with my classes and I'm really excited about it. I'm sure I won't ever be as busy as I will be next semester, but I'm looking forward to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment