Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Another Day Closer to Summer

That's my motto at the moment.

I had my voice lesson cancelled this morning because my instructor is sick! That's really bad, because she's the musical director of the musical at the moment, so she definitely needs to be in shape to be at rehearsal, because they're learning music this week! I really need to rehearse my 2 songs for my audition this Saturday too, so I'll be rescheduling with her for later this week to get my time in.

I had Acting IV today, and my scene partner and I met early to go over our lines and blocking before class. We knew Acting Professor R would want to work the scenes and run through them with each pair, so we made sure we were as prepared as we could be after a week off.

We both knew our lines and we really just needed a refresher on our blocking. So we moved through the scene a couple times and got our spacing down. When it was our turn to work the scene with Acting Professor he let us get about half way before back tracking and giving us some pointers. He told me to be more in style, bye being more melodramatic when I'm near the window. I also had to practice using the shawl a couple times. I was having a little trouble getting it on and off, but we slowed it down and made a 'moment' out of it, so I can take my time and not rush through it. I have to make sure to set it down in an accessible way because there are two actors who continue our scene (it's split in half) and they need to be able to use it for their part.

It was a lot of fun to get back into the swing of things. Acting Professor told us our acting and our dialect was great today and he didn't have to work with us very long. All in all, it was a quick day in class because he split the class up to work half the scenes today and half the scenes Thursday. This means Thursday, I won't have class because my partner and I have already worked our scene! We have advising day coming up next Tuesday, so we won't be performing these scenes until next Thursday, but we're definitely in good shape for then.

I'm extremely excited for our upcoming summer auditions. We have a really great season planned out that I realize I haven't talked about. So here it is, in the order it's being performed in:

1. The Fantasticks
2. Girls of the Garden Club
3. See How They Run
4. The Effect of Gamma Rays on Man-In-The-Moon Marigolds
5. Company
6. Unnecessary Farce
7. The Chalk Garden
8. Rabbit Hole
9. Beauty and the Beast

So we take 2 weeks to put up each show, and they all run consecutively for one week. So if you're in one, you can't be in the one directly following it, because you would miss the rehearsal period. It's crazy, and it sounds deliciously fun. I can't wait. We get to crew, tech, and house manage shows. We only have one free day per week, which is Sunday; so it will be non-stop theatre for 3 straight months.

After our auditions I hypothesize that it will be 1-2 weeks before the cast list goes up. When that happens we'll all collect our scripts and start memorizing!

There are also 3 ( I think 3) children shows that are put on. They cast those before telling us what they are, so that's going to be interesting as well.

Anyway, the rest of this week I'll be reading summer plays and Warehouse plays because we're picking our season this Sunday. That means I'll be posting that soon as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment