Thursday, April 8, 2010

Last Hour of Being a Teenager

I can't believe that in an hour I'll be 20 years old! I feel extremely old, even though I'm young. It's like saying goodbye to childhood. Too bad I'll always be a kid.

Truly though, it's crazy! This will be one of those Birthdays where I actually feel older instead of feeling no change. I'll actually remember to say, "Oh, I'm 20," when somebody asks me how old I am. High school seems like a thing of the past. And in one year, I'll be graduating from college. Boy, does time sure fly!

I'm not sure how much will actually sink in tomorrow because I'll be focusing on the upcoming auditions. There's still some rereading that I can do before 10 AM on Saturday morning. I've got my pretty Chicago dress ready, and I've talked to the 3rd years (I know, it's like I'm in a Harry Potter novel) about the process. We're going to have a meeting tomorrow evening about the auditions themselves, so after that everything should be crystal clear.

My rescheduled voice lesson had to be rescheduled for tomorrow because my professor was sick again. I'm hoping she starts to feel better soon! But I'll be going over it, and then I should be ready to sing on Saturday!

I finished reading Fences today, and it's definitely an awesome piece of writing. I loved the fact that there were so few stage directions written in. It leaves it up to the director and the actors to decide exactly how a scene should play out. The dialogue was witty and true to the time. It was one of those plays that was hard to put down, and I love coming across those! I'm excited to have a discussion about it in class tomorrow.

We got the sad news today that one of our male classmates is leaving us. We only have 2 in my class because we had another leave at the beginning of the year. He's a very talented young man and I wish him all the best in his future. I'm disappointed that I never got to work with him personally in class, though I have been in a play with him on stage here. He has a bright future ahead of him and I hope he doesn't let anything hold him back!

All in all it's been a crazy, hectic week getting back into school. But I'm ready for auditions, I finished all of my homework, and I even had some time this week to ride my bike and enjoy the beautiful weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment