Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Is it Really Only Tuesday?

The weekend was so packed that I feel like it's Friday! But, of course, it's not. I hardly have any time left in this school year. My last big paper (for Personal Family Finance) is due Friday, and then after that it's a straight shot to studying for finals!

Saturday's Directing Scenes went really well! Both groups did a great job. One of the scenes only had a week of rehearsal and they pulled it together very well. I had my afternoon rehearsal cancelled on Saturday, so I went to Evan's Senior Voice Recital after the scenes. She's so talented, and I really enjoyed it. It's usually at one of these recitals or at the final show that I really realize that it's the end of the year and the 3rd years won't be here anymore. It's crazy to even think about. I can't believe that next year I'll be at the top and people will be sad to see our class go (I hope :)).

I finished my Global Village paper with little hassle. It ended up being 12 pages, which was just inside the maximum limit. I'm still unclear exactly what they were looking for in this paper, but since my rough draft was proofed, I'm pretty confident I won't be failing, which is what matters. That's a lie. Of course I hope I get an A. Duh.

Anyway, yesterday we talked about Cultural Globalization in GV, which is highly ironic because that was the topic of my paper. Many peoples topics have been covered in class, in time to help them write their papers. So it would only make sense that my topic gets covered the day our paper was due. Then again, after the lesson I realized I didn't learn anything I didn't already know, so I suppose it wouldn't have helped much after all.

In Theatre History II we talked about True West which is an awesome show for males. The two brothers in the show are often played by two actors that switch the roles constantly. So they might do a matinee as one brother, and then perform the night show as the other. It must be a truly fun and challenging show!

I had 2 rehearsals. One was for Chrisena's directing scene. We finished blocking and now I just need to finish memorizing. It's going to be a hilarious play for sure. Then I rehearsed my scene. Katie Mac's parents were in town so they came to watch the rehearsal. I sure hope they enjoyed it! They got to watch their daughter act, which they haven't gotten to do a lot because she's been so busy doing tech things. And Dru had all of his lines down except for one monologue! I'm so excited to work with them both off book this week. We definitely could have been good on Saturday, but this extra week will solidify the work they've put into the scene, and it's going to be good, I think. I'll find out at least.

After rehearsal I had a meeting with some of the old Warehouse board about sponsorship. The new Artistic Director and Chairwoman and I sat down with them so they could give us pointers on the best way to approach things. It was a really useful discussion and I'm excited about being productive! We're going to start looking for sponsors this week so it's all figured out before we head out to Boji for the summer. That way, when we get back, most of the work will be done!

I don't have Acting IV today, because I'm scheduled for Thursday, so I'll be taking Katie Mac to the hospital to get her foot looked at and see what's up with it. The swelling and bruising hasn't gone down at all, and so it's not looking to good at the moment. Hopefully the prognosis won't be too bad!

No comments:

Post a Comment