Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Count Down to Spring Break

Monday started off crazy with a lottery sign up for apartment housing next year. My roommate and I both signed up, and, ironically, both got chosen. So we had to give one apartment back. AND our two friends happened to get lucky enough to nab two apartments near us as well, so we're going to be neighbors next year! My roomie and I will stick together. We're very excited about having a kitchen for next year! We'll be able to cook and eat healthier (better) food! She's a vegetarian, so I'm sure I'll learn to eat even healthier. We definitely need to find a cookbook that works for both of us.

There were also auditions for the musical Monday. I did my first college musical audition, kind of speak-singing my way through a song. I performed When Frederick was a little lad from The Pirates of Penzance and I acted every other word out. I'm pretty sure that's what managed to get me a callback! Because I got one.

So today I had my first college musical callback. I was called back for the character Hebe with a group of 6 other talented girls. I had to run to the Warehouse elections early, vote, then make a 30 second speech, and then run to my callback. We sang 3 lines from the show (basically the only 3 lines the character has by herself) and then...we were done. It was a very short callback. I think the director knew after that exactly who she wanted. A great first experience! The cast list goes up on Friday and we'll see what happens.

If I win the position of Public Relations in the Warehouse (which is likely because, oddly, I ended up running uncontested) then I'll be starting a new blog next school year dedicated to the Warehouse and all of its shows! This is an endeavor I'm really excited about, and hopefully it will help gain community support. I'll be finding out the results of the elections tomorrow, so we'll see how that goes.

I have a couple more plays to read this week for Theatre History II: The Little Foxes and A Streetcar Named Desire. Both should be pretty awesome.

We received our partner scenes in Acting IV today. I'll be working with a good friend of mine on a scene from Lady Windemere's Fan. E and I have worked together before, and she's been my understudy earlier this year in The Laramie Project so I'm excited to get the chance to work with her again, since it's been a while. I'll be playing Lady Windemere, and she'll be playing Mrs. Erlynne. All done in a Standard British dialect of course. :)

Chicago is coming up in less than a week, and Boji auditions are in less than two. It's so crazy thinking about how fast this year has flown by. This time next year I'll be done with my last college audition and (hopefully) have some plans for working after graduation. Who knows what the future holds. I'm satisfied with dreaming about how awesome my summer will be at Okoboji!

No comments:

Post a Comment