Tuesday, March 2, 2010

All you have to do is not succeed to make you think you can't act

The blog title is a quote from today's Acting Class by Acting Professor. She was explaining how much we let other people affect our decisions in life. Of course that's not necessarily a good or a bad thing, but it is an interesting topic to think about.

Wow, it's been a crazy tech week. I've never had so many costume fittings and costume changes in my life. And I have another tomorrow! But I love it, because my costume designer is so dedicated to getting it right. She has amazing ideas and isn't afraid to change things at the drop of a hat. She's been working so hard and this show wouldn't be half of what it is without her. I'm so proud of her and my cast!

We changed all of our costumes this afternoon. We got refitted and then stuck around to help the crew sew things up. There's still quite a few alterations to be done, but these girls work magic so I'm sure everything will be prepared for tomorrow.

The lighting design is gorgeous and the sound design is perfect. Maybe it's because it's a completely student run production, but I feel so much more pride for this show than others I've been a part of. The collaboration was what made the play such a great experience for me.

Anyway, I really just wanted to document my night before feelings so I can read it one day and remember what it was like. Rehearsal tonight was great. Everyone was still trying new things, and the crew really stepped it up. We've even had a couple guest costume helpers come in to make sure we're making our entrances on time because the costumes are so elaborate. Everyone was in high spirits and having a great time. It's so much fun to work in that kind of setting.

I forgot my shawl in my first scene, and I also forgot to take off my fancy necklace for my last scene. Two things I definitely need to remember! I had a new hairstyle today thanks to my cast mate, and it looks great so I'll definitely be using it for the week.

I'm rambling. Basically it was great, I'm excited to open tomorrow. We haven't had a flawless run yet, tech-wise, but I'm not worried about it....well I'm a little worried about taking off one of my petticoats, but I have time to practice it.

Acting IV today was very cool (my voice lesson was cancelled). Instead of getting up and doing our Greek monologues with our gestalts, we talked about how technology is affecting our generation and the generations to come and what it means for the world of art. Bad things that's for sure. But, I agree with a classmate of mine that it all has to come to a head sometime and things will change. We talked about the fact that my generation has hover parents and because of the constant communication between people over cellphones and the Internet, it's hard to be an individual. Or have alone time. Or grow.

All these were very interesting things to talk about and I hope to have more class discussions like that in the future. I really shouldn't be writing this much when I'm this tired. I know everything I wrote doesn't make a lot of sense, but I wanted to get it out there to look back on.

No comments:

Post a Comment