Thursday, March 11, 2010

Midterms Complete

I did not get cast in Some Girls, however we have a mentoring program here and my little mentizzle is officially an UNDERSTUDY! I'm so proud of her accomplishment!

Ok, so backtracking:

My Performance Technique midterm went well. I sang "Bewitched Bothered and Bewildered. Music Professor R told me that my acting was spot on, but I had pitch problems in 2 places. He told me that I don't usually have pitch problems so it was probably a result of me not supporting my breath enough in my diaphragm. I've been having a lot of problems with singing this week and last because I've been so sick, so honestly I thought it went a lot better than it would have. But I do wish I could have performed when I wasn't so sick. Either way, it's done and Music Professor enjoyed it, so what more can I ask for? I'm officially done with P-Tech for this semester! Sad, but ok because I still have Private Voice lessons to keep my singing fresh.

My Personal Family Finance midterm took me a while, but I finally got it done and I think I did pretty well!

Acting IV: I'm so sad this is over! I'm switching classes to work on drawing room comedy now. We performed for the last time today for Acting Professor B. We did our Greek monologues with our gestalts and everyone was just phenomenal. I am so ridiculously proud of my class. Everyone showed a new side of themselves I've never seen. There were deeper voices, stronger physicality and movment, and everyone was just so prepared. There was no nervous energy before performing, hoping you don't forget a line. There was just excitement at getting to share our work, and then shaking afterwards because we had expelled so much energy in the exercise. Then we had a great discussion afterwards about how much this lesson has helped our physicality and how we can continue to use it, and how much it's helped us improve overall. The pieces performed were selections from: Medea, Electra, Hecuba, and Antigone. It was so much fun. We had a lot of great class discussion in this course and I'll miss them. Acting Professor B gave us this last bit of wisdom: We should never be upset after not getting cast. We should walk into an audition saying, 'This is where I am, this is what I have to show you, if you don't want it I'll go somewhere else that does'. I'm very excited for next semester when I'll have Acting Professor B again for a monologue class!

Voice Lessons: I had two this week, one for a makeup when I was sick. I've officially picked all the songs for my semester and I now have a CD of accompaniment music to practice with. I rehearsed my audition song for our upcoming musical HMS Pinafore. I'll also be audition for our summer theatre Okoboji, so I rehearsed a new song that I think I might use for that audition as well. I've been learning a lot about my dialect. In acting, I don't have a dialect, but for singing purposes I hold onto my Rs too long and Voice Professor C tells me often that I need to be careful. We work on special places to breathe too because I'm a newbie and I don't pay attention to it on my own. She usually has very specific ideas for what she wants, which is helpful to me.

Midterms are officially done now, but the stressful week is not yet complete. I have one more day to get through before I think things will finally settle down. Tomorrow is Crew Watch for all of my friends in their show Playing for Time. I wish them all luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment