Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Midterms

It's midterm week!

We practiced our P-Tech midterms on Monday. I knew my song, but I wasn't acting it to the best of my ability. I got the note to be sure to start acting on the first note of the music, and not when I sing. I shouldn't have had to get that note, so I definitely need to pay more attention. Music Professor had me re-run some parts of my song acting-wise, but I did it much better the second time through. We perform for our midterm tomorrow in class, and I plan on doing it right!

In Acting IV today (ah! Second to last day of Greek Acting, sad) we performed our Greek monologues with our gestalts individually for Acting Professor B. She told me I really understood the assignment and I was doing a great job! It was nice to hear because I thought I was doing it right, but I was a little nervous about not having much movement (on my feet) in my monologue. I can't wait until Thursday when we get to see everyone's! It's going to be so much fun. This assignment has taught me so much. One of my classmates even mentioned to me that he had noticed that I used a gestalt in my 'crazy' scene in Playhouse Creatures. Using that gestalt really helped me make sense of that scene.

I had auditions today for the next Warehouse show Some Girls. It was fun! I used one of my older monologues that I knew really well, so I wasn't nervous about the audition. I ended up making callbacks, which is always my favorite part of the whole process. It was really different from any other callbacks I've been to because we were reading with guys from outside our school. All of our guys are required to be in the upcoming musical, so the director was forced to hold open auditions to cast the 1 guy role. I read with 2 different guys and they were both talented. I had a great time meeting new people and reading these scenes. It was a carefree atmosphere and I wasn't feeling any pressure. I'll be happy with whatever the outcome, knowing that I had a good time and I felt I did well.

I'm enjoying my small taste of free time lately, and I'll be sad to see it leave if I'm cast. I've had so much going on lately, and coupled with being sick it all seems a bit much. I could really use some time to breathe and relax and get myself back on track.

I have a Global Village Point Form Outline due on Friday, and I'll be performing in a directing scene One Act on Saturday. I'm not off book yet and I've got a lot of work to do to make sure I'm not stressing by the end of the week. It's a really fun scene with great dialogue and characters. It's from Riches by Lee Blessing. There's even a fight scene in it! I'm playing a man (because the director couldn't find one) and my wife and I beat each other up! I love it!

Anyway, I should really be studying for my Personal Family Finance Midterm for tomorrow. I'll be updating soon about being cast or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment