Monday, February 14, 2011

I Love

I love to love. This is my Valentine's Day post! I love my amazing family that came to support me this weekend, all my friends, and my life. Gee, too much positivity is dangerous. But you'll have to deal with a little more, because I had a great weekend.

I had a fabulous (word of the week right there, I can't stop using it) opening night. The entire cast had such great energy and we finally settled into our roles. The cast party was a lot of fun, and I even got to see some old friends. There were a lot of congratulations going around. I'm really not very good at taking a compliment. I mean, I say 'thank you' or 'that's so nice, I really appreciate that' or 'I'm so glad you enjoyed it' and 'that means a lot', but then I run out of things to say. I keep thinking I'll get better at it, but I'm starting to realize that it's just not in my nature. I always see things as a group effort. I'm a team player. My performance is only as good as the cast I perform with. I do like to be appreciated, but I'm also aware that I have others to thank.

I digress. Saturday was fantastic. My parents came up for the day. I gave a tour to some prospective students with Katie Mac. Then I went out to lunch with my parents and went shopping for a while. I love when they come visit. I'm so lucky to have parents that are so supportive of my dreams. They really enjoyed the show, and they had the pleasure of being introduced to Jimmy Johns, my favorite sand which shop, which they also enjoyed. The happiness of others makes me happy.

Saturday's show was more like our previous rehearsals. People fell back into familiar rhythms, and the energy was different. I don't think we fell into the second night slump, which was good. Sunday's matinee was a good show as well.

This whole weekend was crazy because the show sold so much better than usual. The February slot is always slow. But this year there were so many things that went our way. The weather got noticeably better and people wanted to come out. The show was a well known name, and people love seeing things they're comfortable with. And it was a love story, which fit perfectly with Valentine's Day weekend.

This next weekend is Theatre Weekend, so it will be exciting to perform for all the prospective theatre students.

I have some new updates. I'm no longer attending Midwest Auditions which makes this week much less stressful. I was able to focus solely on my Clean House auditions today, and I received a callback for tomorrow. I'm excited to try some comedy on for size and to be back in auditions. They're so much fun!

Tomorrow morning in comedy class we'll be performing potential packages for Professor L so she can perfect our technique. I think we'll be focusing on introductions, opening lines, and transitioning between pieces. It should be extremely beneficial. On Wednesday I'll be auditioning for a 'film' in Acting for the Camera. It's just a mock audition, but there's much to be learned.

I need to go read some scripts for this week. More later!

No comments:

Post a Comment