Monday, July 5, 2010

50 Posts, 7 shows, and 6 more days of Rehearsal Left



This will be my 51st blog post; can you believe it? I can't believe I've managed to keep up with it so far. Though I suppose the term 'keep up with' can be used loosely since I've arrived at Boji.

I had a really great week of rehearsal and by Saturday we had finished blocking the whole show, which is great progress. This next week we'll be working scenes and running the show. Tuesday opens the run of See How They Run, a British Farce, which will be hilarious. And then next Tuesday my show will open! Just one more crazy week.

Saturday we had two shows and then we kicked off our 4th of July celebration with a bonfire and fireworks show. It was a lot of fun, and it made up for me not being able to watch fireworks on the real 4th of July.

Then Sunday we had a parade in the morning. The company all dressed up in festive American gear and we grabbed some flags and drums and marched our way around the lot. When we got to the end the staff had set up a kiddy pool with a sign that said 'Boston Harbor' and we all threw tea bags into the water...and then dunked people. After that there was a volleyball tournament. It was students versus students and then staff versus the winning team. My team lost before the staff round, but we had a lot of fun getting the line officials to give us points.

I went off the lot for a bit with Katie Mac to find a flea market that one of the staff had told me about. It was HUGE and I found some really cool things there.

Of course, last night was also strike/change over night, so we had a long night. I was assigned to the scene shop to dismantle the in-going set and then the out-coming set. The only bad thing about the night is that the mosquitoes were horrendous! I literally have about 15 bites, and that's after spraying my clothes and myself 5 times throughout the night. It was ridiculous. I hope the next strike isn't so bad as that.

Today I did box office for the first time. I really enjoyed it, and I'm excited to spend the rest of the week in box office as well. I like that I get to rotate and be around different people every week.

No comments:

Post a Comment