Monday, June 16, 2014

The Kilroys List 2014

Big news today from the New York Times about supporting women in theatre. Women playwrights to be exact. And with plays written by women comes more roles for women. Now that this list will be an annual occurrence, we can all rest easy knowing there's a central location to find great work by, for, and about women in the country. And then, you know, PRODUCE IT.

I had a long talk today about the way of the world of theatre outside Seattle, and it really got my brain churning on the things I've been becoming complacent about. One of those things is just the act of starting a conversation. To have a dialogue with professionals and peers about our theatre culture and where we want to take it.

I have these discussions, but not as often as I should, and certainly not for as long as I should. I'm missing a challenge and a dream, and I'm going to spend my summer finding where it's at.

No comments:

Post a Comment