Monday, December 31, 2012

Happy New Year 2013

2012 has been a whirlwind of adventure. I left the safety of college and home behind as I moved across the country to a city I'd never been to. I have worked over five jobs this year. I've been cast in nine shows. I've made amazing new friends and family that I hope to have for a very long time. I've watched my close friends find success in their lives and have been there to celebrate with them. I've found my own successes and made new goals and I'm so excited to achieve them.

First on the list: I got the call today that I've been cast in my first webseries! What a way to start 2013! I've been wanting more film on my resume, and I had such a blast at the audition. I was given some strange sides to read, but the CD had me trying really fun things with them. They laughed, they whispered, and I had a good feeling but you just never know. I was very excited to get the call because this project will hopefully be including some fighting for me, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed on getting more techniques on the resume!

Next up I'll be taking new headshots with the talented Danielle Barnum. Last year I got new shots that got me quite a bit of work, but I've heard from many lately that I need an update. I'm looking forward to sending these out to some agencies.

Agency submissions are at the top of my list for 2013. Submitting is as important as receiving representation, because it's about getting my name and image out there in the ether of Seattle. I'd love to start booking work in the commercial/film industry out here, and this is the first step to doing so.

I have an audition coming up on Sunday for a local theatre company that's been producing some exciting new works. I can't wait to meet new people and work with new companies this year.

I've been so lucky this year to work with such a broad network of artists. I've made so many new friends, and looking back to this time last year I've not only grown as an artist but I've grown so much as a person. I'm more confident, more willing to take a risk, and more excited than ever to see what the future has in store. I'd like to thank everyone that helped make 2012 one of the most exhilarating journeys of my life so far. I even had the joy of visiting family this Thanksgiving and Christmas, which I missed out on last year. I'm more inspired now to continue on this crazy life of working to make ends meet financially just for the thrill of the chase in my art. Normally I'd say I dare 2013 to be better than the year before. But this year, I've learned I don't dare. I do. I'm going to do everything I can to help 2013 surprise me!





Happy New Year all!

No comments:

Post a Comment