Thursday, May 31, 2012

And that's a wrap!

Today was the end! I wrapped filming at 6:05 pm to race to rehearsal for Shrew. It was sad, and yet I feel as though I'll be seeing all these people again in the future. The film community here is so small and I can't wait for our next projects together.

Day 5:
Today we filmed scenes in my bedroom. No running, jumping, or climbing. I did do some falling. 

My favorite shot today was a very noir shot where I got to sneak up to my window after it gets shattered. I felt like I was in a horror film, and the crew lit the scene in a really awesome way. I'd describe it better, but I don't want to give away more than I already have in my lasts posts. 

I'll put up pictures as soon as I get the go ahead, and they get all the pics together. I had the most fantastic experience putting this film together. I'm so glad I took that leap of faith and signed the contract. I met some very talented people that I hope to film with in the future. 

Film is an extremely difficult medium. Actors sit around and wait, and the second the crew is ready the actor has to be too. There's always limited time, limited budget, and generally a sense of limited patience. I was very fortunate to not experience the latter too much in this process.  I did learn how important it is to trust your instincts. Sometimes you don't have an appropriate amount of time to think things through before Action is called. I learned a lot about going with the flow--and a lot about what not to do on film.

I'm so excited to see the finished product. I still have such a high from being on set, I can hardly believe I won't be going back tomorrow.

I will be going back to film an interview. There's going to be more publicity coming up in the next couple months that I'm looking forward to as well. I'm proud of everything that everyone put into this project.

I feel so lucky to have found a script that included so much action. My favorite part of the whole process was the stunts. I know the next time I'm filming something I'll be relearning all my lessons from college filming that I didn't have to use in this film because it wasn't centered on acting.  Of course, now that I know how much I enjoy stunt work I'll be looking into doing that in the future as well.

Now it's time to move onto the next. 

We start blocking Shrew tomorrow!


No comments:

Post a Comment