Monday, February 6, 2012

Acting class

Last acting class:

Katie and I ran our scene keeping more distance between us and it was much improved. Then Acting Coach had us create our environment.

We placed where the kitchen, living room, bedrooms, and stairs were. He had us talk about what was outside the windows, what kind of curtains they had, where were are family pictures and what order were they in?

These are all things I learned to do in my acting one class in college. Do I often use this exercise as specifically as I should? Not normally. Did I learn my lesson on Friday in class? Yes. I've become complacent in regards to a lot of my teachings, and that doesn't serve me or my career well. From now on, I'm going to make sure I'm doing everything to the best of my ability. It was an especially nice wake up call since my pre-screening audition for the general auditions is this next Sunday.

We practiced our scene as if we were sitting in an airplane instead of standing in a dining room, which was also helpful because it made us change our tactics and become more aware of our surroundings.

Acting Coach said something worth remembering:
2 things make us move-- 1. The nature of our action. 2. Where we are.

He's right, of course.

Now we're moving onto working on a monologue that is going to help us be more aware of our surroundings.  I'm excited to have a new script in my hand!

My rehearsals for the murder mystery I've been cast in have been going well. We've had 2 so far, and we've blocked Act 1, so they're moving along nicely. It's a fun cast, silly play, and a good job. I'm excited for the opportunity!

No comments:

Post a Comment