Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Links and Miscellaneous Items

Here is a link to the script for Diss and Datt, if anyone is interested in the piece itself. It was written by two underground artists in Arizona in the 90's. They were writing a lot before the internet became big, and so none of their work is accessible online. I thought it was so great to be working with material that people hadn't heard of before, and having the opportunity to shed light on some great writers' piece was a lot of fun.


The writers were in a relationship when they wrote this, and the play itself is based on their relationship. They split shortly afterward and remarried I think. One of them lives outside modern society now (traveling between small villages and cults or something of the sort), and the other's whereabouts are unknown.

Purely for my own cataloguing purposes and not to toot my own horn, I'm going to post the nice words my director wrote to me after the show. I'd like to keep a record of my correspondence with my directors, and it's bound to get lost in the shuffle of my own untamed inbox.



Hi Sascha,
I just wanted to tell you how deeply I appreciated your artistry, commitment of time and energy, and creative intuition in taking Diss and Datt to the stage in less than a week. Your fine tuned interpretive sensibility is inspiring, and it is always a (somewhat rare) treat to see actors work together in such a spirit of mutual shared discovery to find the truest notes of the music of  a piece.
Despite the chaos of a Seattle “blizzard” (three or more inches by definition), cannibalistic parking meters, and a truly truncated rehearsal period, you beautifully evoked the key notes of your character while bringing out subtle dimensions through posture and gesture as well as dialogue. It was exciting to hear the little gasps, rapt silences and punctuated bursts of laughter from the audience at all the right moments during the performance.
I will be in touch with you this week to coordinate dates/times that fit everyone’s schedule for the video version.
I have no doubt that the Seattle theatre community will be greatly enriched by your presence here.
Make of each day a festival of joy,
Mitch

My film director also emailed me.



Hey Sascha,
I just wanted to thank you for joining us on Sunday for our test shots. I really enjoyed working with you. There is no doubt that you have a bright acting career ahead of you. I'm looking forward to seeing you at auditions.

James


I'll be posting soon about my film experience this past Sunday, and the headshots I had the opportunity to take as soon as I have a little more time. I should get my headshots back by Saturday to share with you.

For now, here are some pictures of me dressed and ready for my film shoot. I was required to wear warm, tight athletic clothing since we'd be out in the cold and I would spend the day running from a 'robot'.




No comments:

Post a Comment