Monday, April 5, 2010

First Day Back

Well, I spent a very relaxing weekend at Katie's house in the country for the duration of my Spring Break. It's about 4 hours away from our college, so we had a nice drive on Friday.

We checked out her Grandmother's awesome quilt shop, where I picked out some cool pirate fabric that I'm going to make a wallet out of. Then Saturday we took a day trip over to Springfield where we went ice skating and purchased me some 1st edition plays (The Iceman Cometh and a collection of JM Barrie's work). We also ate at a restaurant called Nonna's that had the best mushroom ravioli I've ever eaten. Then we went over to the airport and picked up Katie's sister Hero (named after the character in Much Ado About Nothing).

The next day we had an incredible homemade breakfast prepared by Katie's parents and her grandparents. French toast and Huevos Rancheros. Yum. We packed everything up and went to go fix up Katie's van with some transmission fluid before starting the trip back. We only made it 2 hours before the van (Sally) died. We got a tow truck, called Kaitie and Gillian, and had a ride back to school! We didn't end up heading back until around 7 because we stopped and had dinner.

ANYWAY: Now that I'm done chronicling my journey over Spring Break I can get back to school!

I finished reading Girls of the Garden Club,Rabbit Hole, Hold Please, A Raisin in the Sun, and most of Chalk Garden. I only have a play and a half left to read to be prepared for this weekend's auditions for the summer season!!

We had to read A Raisin in the Sun for Theatre History and it's definitely now on my list of favorite plays. I loved it. The characters were so clear, and the story so real and accessible. We had a really great discussion about that and about our breaks in Theatre History today.

Many people went to New York and saw some awesome shows, and a lot of the students went home and saw community theatre. It was great to listen to everyone's experiences and to share ours!

I got my directing scene scripts copied for my actors and I checked out some more plays for the Warehouse season to read, because we're deciding the season next week! All in all, a good first day back.

No comments:

Post a Comment